Easy and delicious appetizers don’t come much easier and more delicious than this Apple Gouda Crostini.
And it’s guaranteed these two-bite savory snacks will be a hit at your next party.
Ready in just 15 minutes, these may just disappear in half that time. They’re that good.
Looking for More Appetizer Options?
Check out these appetizer options that are all sure to please:
Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, Apple, and Gruyere Bites What’s not to love about a puff pastry appetizer? And this Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, Apple, & Gruyere Bites recipe pairs that flaky, buttery base with a savory vegetarian topper.
Six Ingredient Warm Pear Brie Arugula Naan Ready in less than 20 minutes, this recipe makes entertaining so simple and your guests will gobble it up. Better make 2! She’s a stunner, too!
Crostini with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto, and Fig Jam This is my favorite no-fail, quick-prep, go-to appetizer of choice.
Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta The combination of baked butternut squash and apple paired with creamy ricotta on top of a crostini provides all the textures your mouth didn’t even know it needed.
Sweet Potato Crostini With two topping options, this is a quick two-for-one appetizer. Choose either the salmon or cranberry toppings. Or choose both!
Winter Caprese Salad with Caramelized Delicata Squash Missing the simple and classic Caprese Salad of summer? Here’s a way to transition that same idea into the winter months. It’s simple. It’s deconstructed. And it’s delicious.
Apple Gouda Crostini
Simple to Make−Apple Gouda Crostini
Get the recipe from: Snacks and Sips
If you need an impressive appetizer ready quickly, this Apple Gouda Crostini is ready to roll in about 15 minutes.
And you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge which makes it perfect for those last-minute get-togethers during the holiday season (or any time of the year).
The combination of apple and nutty, carmamelly gouda topped with bacon and honey is sure to be a hit.
Six things to know about the Apple Gouda Crostini recipe:
- This is a pantry-pull appetizer. Most everyone has a baguette, apples, bacon, and honey around. Maybe not the Gouda, but also maybe yes.
- If you don’t have Gouda on hand, you can substitute Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Havarti, or Gruyere. Remember, it’s ok to make substitutions. Sometimes we end up liking those substitutions better than the original.
- This last-minute appetizer is sure to impress. Even though this is a pantry-pull recipe and only takes 15 minutes, the flavors play together so well, all your guests will be impressed.
- You control the crispness or softness of the apples. If you want them super crispy, skip cooking them. If you want them cooked, but still with a bite to them, reduce the cooking time.
- Thinly slice the cheese and watch the baguette and cheese closely while it’s under the broiler. I sliced my cheese a bit on the thicker side and it took longer than 2 minutes to melt. So, it became a game of “does the cheese melt before the baguette browns too much.” If you want thicker cheese slices, either bake the crostini and cheese at 350 degrees until the cheese melts or move your baking rack to the middle of the oven if you choose to us the broiler.
- Play with your honey. I used vanilla and nutmeg-infused honey to add a layer of holiday flavor. I knew the vanilla and nutmeg flavors would work well with the apples and Gouda. They also worked very well with the bacon.
Next time you need a quick and easy appetizer, try these Apple Gouda Crostini. You’ll be glad you did.